Monday, January 18, 2010

I am terrified of Chemistry

I am terrified of Chemistry - seriously terrified.
When I spoke to the counselor at WNC she looked at my math grades and said I should do fine in Chemistry.
I love math. I have always done well in math classes.
I have never liked science. Of all the science classes that I have taken, and there are quite a few, the only one that I liked was Biology (in high school, college Biology was BORING.)
Now I find myself in a predicament. I am finishing up my pre-requisites and co-requisites for the nursing program and I have to take Chemistry this semester. Then I have two more semesters of science classes - Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II and General Microbiology.
I am freaking out about the Chemistry class though. And as if I wasn't nervous already, I went to the college bookstore to get my books and other required materials, and the guy at the bookstore laughed when I told him which professor I had...laughed. He then told me that there was no text for his class. So I am thinking, great I just saved like $200 on a book! Then he says, "But you are going to wish there were, his is the toughest class...but you will learn a lot." I am slightly excited now, I took the gentleman from the bookstore's comments as a challenge, I am going to do awesome in Chemistry! (If I don't, I will never tell you! hehe)
I just keep reminding myself of this:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!