Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thurday

I hope that you are all having a wonderful Thursday! Mine is getting better!!!

I have not been in the right mind set lately. I don't know why, but I have been very irritable, cranky, and tired. It gets old, fast! And I am sure that if I am noticing my attitude and am tired of it, the people around me have also noticed and are probably REALLY tired of it.

This morning, I woke up and did not want to get out of bed. Then I remembered somthing that my husband had told me that they talked about at one men's breakfast at church...in the mornings it is much better to get out of bed with a good attitude and say "Good Morning God!" as oppossed to "Uuugh, good God it's morning."

AH-HA MOMENT

Suddenly it did not seem so strange to me that I have been in such a foul mood. My priorites have not been what they should.

So today I am thankful for the gentle nudges that the Lord gives, when I need them most. I am thankful that, especially when I am not who He wants me to be, He loves me enough to guide me back to the right path.



If you would like to link up with Thankful Thursday, it is being hosted by Lynn this month at Spiritually Unequal Marriage. If you would like to just stop by and see her post and a list of others, you are welcome to do that too!

Lord,
I thank you, not only today Lord but every day, for being such a loving Father. There is nothing that can ever seperate us from Your love, and that is something that I will be eternally greatful for. Lord I ask that you would be with me, mold me Lord so that I am more like you and less like me. I thank you for the forgiveness that you give so freely Lord. Thank you for all that you are. Please watch over all of my sisters and brothers and be with each of them in whatever way they are needing you right now Lord.
In the precious name of Jesus I pray,
Amen

2 comments:

  1. I needed to see this post - thank you. I've been in such a funk too lately and need to get out of it. I used to do this "Thankful for 5" on a weekly basis but haven't. Need to start it up again. I'd make a list of 5 things I was thankful for either that day or that week and it helps! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!