Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ Love

How appropriate that Iris, at Grace Alone, who is hosting Thankful Thursday this month would chose to write about love...it is soon to be Valentine's Day after all! Hers is a wonderful post, so when you are done here, you should go check out her blog, and there is a linky with other Thankful Thursday posts!


There are so many places in scripture that speak of love. This verse here is from a letter Paul wrote to the Romans. This morning I read this verse on Iris's post and it spoke to me, so I thought that I would share it with you as well.

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~Romans 8:37-39

With a love like that, a PERFECT love, from a PERFECT God...what more could I ever need? NOTHING can separate us form the love of God, how amazing is that? But God is so good, He has given me even more. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband who loves me, and two (and a half) children who are more joy and love than I ever imagined.
I love my family with everything that I have. It is incredibly comforting to know that the love I have for them is minuscule compared to the love that God has for each of us.
There is no comparing love; I am human so my love may fail at times. But His never does!
What an awesome thought! What an amazing thing to be thinking about as Valentines Day rolls around the corner!

Have a blessed day, a blessed week, and a blessed Valentines Day. When you are sharing Valentines Day with the one(s) you love, please take a second to remember that there is One who loves you with a good, perfect, everlasting love!

5 comments:

  1. Love, it is the thing that is on my mind and that I am most thankful for. I love that picture you put there of the heart in the hands. Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful post that soo blessed me this morning. I LOVE those scriptures. Some of my very favorite for sure. Your right, it just doesn't get much better than this. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your sweet little family, and thanks for the anniversary wishes. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, He does. What a blessing to us all and what an inspiration for us to love each other more perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, He does! What a blessing his perfect love is and what an inspiration and model for us to try to love one another more perfectly... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I just read your post on my blog, thanks for stopping in. You did something that I so appreciate, you put your blog address at the bottom. I love that! Thanks. ~

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!