Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crock Pot Cooking!!

One of the most under-estimated and under-used cooking tools in my house -- there are many -- is the crock pot.
For a long time I never really used my crock pot, then I would use it often for about a month, and then the cycle would repeat itself. It is usually in the Fall and Winter that my crock pot is used - probably because the cooler temperatures call for more "comfort" types of foods, and they are easily made in the crock pot.
I recently made a split pea and ham soup in the crock pot, and it turned out amazing! It was so easy, the hardest/most time consuming part was chopping up the carrots, celery, and onion. I admit that the crock pot has the potential to make me lazy!!!
Last night I made a salsa chicken in the crock pot. It was the easiest thing I have ever cooked and was delicious!!! All there is to it is to spray your crock pot with non-stick spray, put 3-6 chicken breasts in there and cover with a large jar of salsa. That's it, cook on low for about 6 hours and serve with rice. Really though, it would have made great chicken tacos, would have been awesome in taco salad, all kinds of stuff.
Easy, right?
So, what is your favorite thing to cook in the crock pot?
















3.0000000

2 comments:

  1. Oh, great ideas! I love using my crockpot, but it's hard for me to think of creative ideas sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like Callie. I love to use my crockpot, but I'm not creative lol. I mainly cook chili or chicken and rice in it.
    Kas

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!