Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am a Mom for Modesty

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement


As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.

I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.

I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.

I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young women's clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.



I have three young daughters and have even noticed that the length of the shorts, skirts, and even the shirts seem to be getting shorter for CHILDREN. I am seriously disgusted with the way that children's clothing is being made. There are alternatives - stores that do sell modest clothes.
If you agree with the mission statement above, please click on the button in this post and sign the petition. Many companies and the PR firms look to the opinions of bloggers, if we can all get together and support modesty, maybe our voices will be heard.
You do not have to be a parent to sign the petition, anyone who agrees with it is welcome.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter, leave a comment and let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. True beauty does come from within, Katrina. Amen to that!

    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So true! I'm blessed to be born on parents who believes in the true essence of modesty. I will surely teach this to my future babies when I get married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you - I think it's sad how "sexual" some of the clothing is for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so agree. I have one daughter (middle school) and 4 boys (9,8,5,16 mo). Every day when I drop my daughter off at school, I am just sick over what the girls are wearing. They have a dress code but apparently they do not enforce it. The Friday before Halloween, I was walking my boys to school and the costumes for girls were just awful. A lot of the female teachers were wearing revealing costumes. It just made my stomach turn. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you. Fortunately having a very skinny and tall daughter means that clothes always are "extra" long on her - so far anyway. But yeah... I have zero interest in the way so many clothes are made these days. We haven't run into a huge issue with this yet, but I know it's coming. After all, she's only 5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Visiting from SITS! Cute blog- can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!