Monday, November 8, 2010

More Reasons to be Thankful

I am thankful that I have been totally transformed. The things that I used to do, like, think, and say are not what define me today. I am made new through Christ. <<== If that isn't a reason to give thanks, I don't know what is!!!

I am thankful for the wonderful people that God has placed in my life to encourage me and to hold me accountable. There is really nothing that can compare with knowing there are people who care, truly care, about each other - with no ulterior motives.

I love cooking and baking, and I am thankful that it is starting to get cold so I can bake to my heart's content and not have to run the cooler!!! BTW, if you live close and want some of what I am baking, call me - I'll hook you up!!!

I am thankful for that God does not answer all of my prayers when I want and how I want. I have not always been thankful for that, but have learned that His answers are always, ALWAYS going to be what is better for me.

It was just my husbands birthday Sunday, and when I was baking his cake I was thinking about how long we have been together. It really doesn't seem like that long. I am thankful for the years we have had so far and the many more that we have to come. I got lucky when he fell into my lap...that's not really what happened. I'll save that story for another time! :)

I am thankful for those of you who read my blog and comment, sharing your thoughts with me. Tell me, what are you giving thanks for in this season of Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!