Thursday, October 21, 2010

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me

 
10 LITTLE Things You Might Not Know About Me
~1~  Even though I don't get to do as much of it as I'd like, I really enjoy crafting!
~2~ I cannot draw, I can make a stick person and some of the basics - that's it.
~3~ I prefer cookie dough over cookies. (And this drives my husband nuts!!!)
~4~ My favorite color is powder blue.
~5~ I like General Hospital...I know, right?
~6~ When I was a kid I wanted seven kids, now I am good with three! lol
~7~ I always wanted to be either a doctor or a lawyer, but honestly, I think that being a mom is a lot more rewarding...doesn't pay as much but every minute is amazing! 
~8~ I prefer my fish baked or grilled - don't tell Zack, he likes 'em fried!
~9~ I could live the rest of my life without eating another bite of red meat and it wouldn't bother me a bit.
~10~ I still have one pair of pants that I could wear before I had kids...and I am not getting rid of it!!! It is my goal, eventually to fit in them again!
~And A Bonus~ I hate putting laundry away, I would rather clean the toilet.
 
 
 
Thankful Thursday is being hosted by Lynn at Spiritually Unequal marriage in October, you can head over there to find a list of other participating posts and/or link up your own.
 
This is the first Thankful Thursday that I have participated in for a while, and it is interesting that the topic is 10 things you don't know about me. It might not seem that interesting to you, but one of the prayers that has been on my heart for a while now is that I would be empty of me and full of God. When I was thinking about myself to make this list, I didn't really like a lot of what I was coming up with, which means that it is time to change some things!!

At church, we just started a women's Bible study and one of the things that has really been convicting me is that I have not read the whole Bible. I have red many books, but have not given the honor and respect that God deserves, desires, and demands to Him by reading His Word. That really made me think, and I am now working on reading with a prayerful and receptive heart. So hopefully with me being in God's Word more, next time I take an inventory of myself I will see more Chrsit-like qualities!!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by! Leave a comment and I will make sure to come see what you have to say as well! Hope you all have a Thankful and Blessed Thursday!!

~~Katrina~~

10 comments:

  1. I think that being a mom is the most tiring job in the world (after being a teacher like me :) )


    LOVERS' SHORE
    http://lovers-shore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katrina, you made me giggle and I LOVED your list. funny about the laundry. Who would have guessed that??? Funneeeee

    Anyhoo, many years ago, my mother purchased a daily Bible for me. It changed my life. I have now read through that Bible for 13 years. God's Holy word has changed me. Every day and every way. Get one and sit with the King. What a treat. Also, God is so delighted over this desire of your heart.

    Happy TT. Praising the Lord today. Hugs. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina, such a wonderful and honest post, I really enjoyed reading it and getting to know more about you.

    Your list was wonderful.
    Up until several years ago, I had never read the entire bible, but I can now say that I have, although I have read many of the books in the bible many times. But like you, I would like to read it again and take time to be more reflective.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Hope your having a awesome day.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Draw a stick person!!! Hahaha... That's cute. You should post some on here ^^

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! I'm following you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following from the blog hop. Hope you can follow back.
    God Bless,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep thinking I should read the bible cover to cover...guess it's time to do my 101 in 1000 list...

    Your blog is SO cute!
    Thanks for swinging by my blog!
    Excited to follow all your adventures now, too.

    The Survival Mama

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower and we are former cookie dough eaters. We never made cookies. Love the post and your little ones are very cute too:) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm your newest follower from "Fun Follow Friday"!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ~ Nicole @ MamaNYC
    mamanyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by! :) I'm following you back!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for following me and joining in my long weekend blog hop! I'm following :)

    Best wishes!

    Nay x

    Moonangelnay Handmade Blog

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!