Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ten Time Savings Tips including the #StarbucksApp

As a mother of three small children, four years old and under, I know that every second counts in a day. There are many days that seem to fly without half of what needs to get done being done. I am sure that I am not the only one who wishes there were a few more hours in the day, but since that is completely out of our control, I would like to offer ten time saving tips to make your busy life as a mom a bit easier!

  1. Get organized and then stay organized. There is nothing worse than being in hurry and not knowing where everything is that you need. The one thing that I am absolutely horrible with is my key ring. I have been trying, and doing pretty well, to always put my keys on the key rack. Seriously, organization makes a huge difference when it comes to saving time.
  2. Keep healthy snacks easily accessible. One thing that I have started doing is buying a large bag of carrots and peeling them and cutting them into carrot sticks and keeping them in a container of water in the fridge to keep them fresh. This saves a lot of time when you or your kids want a little snack – and it promotes healthy eating habits as well.
  3. Pick out your outfit for tomorrow tonight! Picking out an outfit to wear and getting it all together for yourself and children is time consuming. Doing it the night before saves that time in the morning.
  4. Set your coffee pot the night before and put it on a timer. Not only will this help save a little time in the morning, you will have hot fresh coffee when you wake up! Nice!!
  5. When you are going out to go shopping or whatever, have a tentative itinerary. Of course, allow for more or less times at places, but knowing what you want to do and accomplish in a given time sets a pace and saves time.
  6. Multitask!! While you are getting the kids breakfast ready and sitting them down at the table do the dishes from making breakfast, while you are talking on the phone pick up the toys, etc. Women are amazing multitaskers!!
  7. Cook a little extra when you are making dinner and have enough for leftovers or enough meat to make another, different meal. Cooking once for a few days is a definite way to save time, and money – you are less likely to go out to eat if you have it at home!
  8. When you are going grocery shopping, make your list ahead of time and get whatever coupons you will be using together with your lists. This saves tons of time and makes check out a breeze! I still bring the rest of my coupons with me too, just in case I deviate from my list!
  9. Schedule playtime, especially during busy days. Kids need time to unwind and be kids! When you give them the play time they are less likely to have melt downs while they are doing your stuff with you.
  10. Most of the grocery stores that I shop at have loyalty cards, I find that it saves time to use my phone number as opposed to having to dig around and find the card that goes with the store. On the other side, make sure you use the same phone number or it takes more time!
Starbucks has made it easy and fast for you when you go get your favorite drink. Here is some information on how to save time using your smart phone at Starbucks:
Starbucks for Android™ and the Starbucks Card Mobile App for BlackBerry®, iPhone® or iPod® Touch have five core features:

  • Pay with your phone: Enjoy the fastest, more convenient way to pay at nearly 9,000 Starbucks locations. Just download the app, enter your Starbucks Card number, scan and go.
  • Manage your card account: Access your Starbucks Card balance directly from your phone.
  • Reload your card balance: Use your smartphone to reload your Starbucks Card using any major credit card.
  • Check your My Starbucks Rewards status: Find out how close you are to earning your next free drink.
  • Find nearby Starbucks stores: Save time by finding a Starbucks store near you.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Starbucks blogging program, for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here

1 comment:

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!