Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What An Absolutely Exhausting Day...

I swear today was absolutely exhausting - mentally, physically, and emotionally.

From the time that I got out of bed this morning until a few minutes ago, there was something.

First thing this morning Emily decides that she is going to move a dining chair so that she can reach finger nail polish, not a good idea. So she gets some cute, red, sparkly polish and tries to paint her toe nails - did not turn out so good for her, me, or the kitchen floor. Thank God she had the sense to paint it (entire foot) in the kitchen and not on the carpet or the new furniture.

A while later, after breakfast any way, the girls were playing dress up in their room. I checked on them, they were playing nice and having fun. So I decide I can sit down and study a little bit - MISTAKE!! Naturally I was concentrating while I was studying, so it took me a bit longer than usual to realize that there were no playful giggles or any kind of sound what-so-ever coming from the girls room. That was because they were not in there, they were in my bathroom. They had gotten into my Mary Kay foundations that I use for parties (all colors) and were some heavily made-up children. Not to mention the floor, sink, some clothes, et cetera were also affected.

By that point in the morning, I already despised this day.

So the girls got put in the bath and it took me quite a while to bring them back to their natural colors. As a side note, foundation is supposed to match the color of your skin, not change it. This is something that Emily and Natalie apparently know not, because their shade would have been about Ivory 204 to maybe a Beige 300, but no...the used Bronze 700 or some crazy way too dark for them shade. Anyway, after the bath they had to sit on the couch and not move for a while - not an easy thing for them, after all they are 3 years old and 19 months old. The other part of their punishment is they are allowed absolutely no cartoons (under any circumstances) for one week. So, obviously, I got little to no studying done after that.

By the time my husband got home from work tonight, I was so ready to leave for school. But after Chemistry class tonight I feel even more exhausted because there is so much to know, to learn, to memorize...There is only one week left before "finals week." That in and of itself is a terrifying thought. I am trying to keep up with everything that I am supposed to be doing, but it is getting harder everyday, or so it seems. I wish that I had started college directly out of high school, before life got so busy. :)

Speaking of busy, I get home from school tonight to find that Emily had gone into my bedroom -- that she is not allowed in -- and taken a thing of acrylic paint and gotten it all over the carpet while I was gone. Lovely, huh?

I am tired. I want to sleep. I hope that you all have a good night and a great day tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!