Monday, September 19, 2011

This Is What I Want For My Children, What About You?

We need to teach our daughters to distinguish between a man who flatters her and a man who compliments her, a man who spends money on her and a man who invests in her, a man who views her as property and a man who views her properly, a man who lusts after her and a man who loves her, a man who believes he is God's gift to women and a man who remembers that a woman was God's gift to man.

This was one of the many random facebook statuses that get posted, reposted, and posted some more. But it was one that really spoke to me. I want this for my daughters (in 35 years, lol!!)! When it is time for them to start thinking about guys, dating, marriage (wow!) I want them to find someone who treats them properly, loves them, compliments and invests (time, energy, emotions, etc) in them, and who always remembers that they are a blessing from God. I also pray that my daughters are raised to reciprocate all of those things. If I ever had a boy, I would want him to be like the man described above.

Just thought I would share this with all of you... Just in case some day one of my daughters meet your son. LOL, I am kidding! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I have 6 children ages 10-26, 4 girls and 2 boys and I just want to say that I agree with you. My 2 oldest girls 24 and 26 are waiting for the Lord to bring the right man into their life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Lori! I am glad that your daughters are waiting on the Lord. So often we get impatient and do what we want and miss out on some of the blessings God had in store for us!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!