Friday, November 13, 2009

I l-o-v-e weekends

There are so many reasons that I love weekends, but I think that the biggest reason is that my husband doesn't have to work so we get to have family time.
I love waking up in the morning knowing that I can have a (couple) cup(s) of coffee with Zack while the girls get their bearrings about them - usually while watching a morning cartoon.
I love that there is no rush to fix breakfast - really, the only 2 days of the week that Zack gets something good for breakfast!
I love watching Emily and Natalie playing with their Daddy, knowing that he doesn't have to leave us today.
I wish that every day were a weekend. Not just for me, not just for the girls, but for Zack too! It must be even better for him - not having to go to work, but getting to spend the days with his ladies instead.
Another part of the weekends that always makes me happy is going to church. I have a terrible time getting where I need to be on time, I am late a lot. But I have been working on it, and for the last few weeks, I am happy to say that we have been on time! I love seeing Emily's face light up when she gets dismissed for children's church - watching her for a minute as she smiles with the other kids as they being their worship songs. I love seeing the fire in my husband as he hears and learns God's word. And I love the peace and comfort of Christ totally transform me.
You know, I could have most of what I love about the weekends everyday! That is right, everyday. I am still working on transforming our house into our home, and that is going to take a while, but it is going to be a home built with love!
I love my Gog, I love my husband, I love my daughters, and I am even learning to love myself!
I l-o-v-e everyday!

I hope that you smiled as you were reading this, while you realized how much you love your days too! What are some of the things you love?

1 comment:

  1. I must say that I really do enjoy my weekends too! For most of the same reasons you do. It's the only full family time we get. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!